Bed bugs are some of the most persistent pests that can invade a premises and cause massive problems. Identifying the signs of a bed bug infestation is best for prompt response.
Some of the signs that indicate you need urgent bed bug treatment include:
- Bites or skin reactions. Bed bugs typically survive on human blood and leave visible bite marks that are itchy with some red welts. The bites can either be in a line or clustered.
- Bed bug shells and exoskeletons. When bed bugs grow, they shed their exoskeletons, leaving empty shells. These shells are translucent and pale yellow, commonly found in areas where bed bugs stay, such as mattresses, furniture, and other crevices.
- Blood stains on furniture and bedding. After they feed, bed bugs will leave small blood stains on the surface they fed from, such as pillowcases, bed sheets or couch cushions. The stains appear as little reddish-brown spots.
- Musty odor. In cases where there are severe infestations, there may be a musty, sweet odor. Bed bug scent glands release this odor, often described as an almond-like smell.
- Live bed bugs. Spotting a live bed bug is probably the most obvious sign that you need a bed bug treatment. They are reddish-brown, apple-seed-sized insects typically found in or on mattresses, wall cracks, and furniture seams and joints.
In case you notice any of these signs in your premises, take prompt action. Contact us at Abrock Pest Management Inc. to assess the level of infestation and offer an appropriate bed bug treatment plan to eradicate these nasty parasites.